What would the future of space governance need to look like to best support a prosperous and equitable future?
We explored market needs and market appetite for a dedicated interdisciplinary legal clinic and advisory service to identify and address new and emerging uses of space, and provide conflict and dispute resolution among other space advisory services.
- Launched Spacegovernance.com, an industry resource and place for sharing ideas about space advisory support.
- Conducted a Space Governance Innovation contest promoting the new space economy for students of African descent. Learn more here and/or here.
- Hosted ASU Space Governance Innovation Contest Crowdsourcing International Law
- Journal publication: African Youth Engagement with Global Governance: The Case of Arizona State University’s Interplanetary Initiative Space Governance Innovation Contest
- Published article: The Ethical Dark Side of the New Space Age
- The journal special issue that was developed through the space advisory project won an award. Mary Ann Liebert, Inc., in partnership with the Rosalind Franklin Society’s prestigious annual award recognizes outstanding published peer-reviewed research by women and underrepresented minorities in science in each of the publisher’s peer-reviewed journals.
- Research Results: Launch Event of the Space Governance Lab
Project assistant: Legal initiatives
Project assistant: Inside Africa
Project assistant: Dialogues
Project assistant: Business initiatives
Poornima Peiri Researcher, Harvard University
Prathmesh Sandeep Mhatre