Rapid Responsive Space
Are Small Satellites the Key to Rapid Responsive Space?
Exploring feasible means of incorporating a systems flexibility in the space mission architecture intended to accomplish unplanned mission dynamical re-tasking aimed to rapidly address emerged exigent need during mission operation phase. Moreover, can small satellites be part of this solution?
Areas of Investigation
- Rapid Responsive Space (RRS) mission nomenclature and taxonomy.
- Identification and classification of RRS mission stimuli.
- Rapid Responsive Space mission architectures.
- Small satellite technologies for Rapid Responsive Space missions.
- Development of a generic, integrated software solution-space that characterizes the formulation and implementation of a desired Rapid Responsive Space mission.
- Funding from Air Force (20k) for capstone project (8 students) on rapid & agile real-time reconfiguration spacecraft based on mission requirements.
- Article published as part of this effort. P. Waswa, and S. Redkar, "A survey of space mission architecture and system specialization"
Assistant Professor, The Polytechnic School, Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering
PhD Candidate, Systems Engineering, The Polytechnic School, Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering
Sebastian Garcia Peralta
PeraltaUndergraduate Student, Mechanical Engineering, Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering
Aruj Rajinder Sharma
Undergraduate Student, Mechanical Engineering, Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering